Wednesday, September 25, 2013

No to Garlic, Yes to Crackers

Dear Sesame Seed,

I guess you are growing bigger now, will we have to stop calling you our sesame seed? I guess sometimes a name just sticks, even when it is no longer relevant.

Sesame Seed, you are already teaching your Mama so much. These days, my belly is all out of whack. It's super hungry, super nauseous, and sensitive in ways that surprise me. This morning I had to have a little talk with myself about my reactions to all this. I was feeling annoyed by it all. And, if I am honest, I was blaming you for it. Then, when Daddy was downstairs getting some juice for me, I started talking to you and I realized what was going on. You, my growing baby, are communicating your needs to me. I realized that you needed me to eat the foods that are right for you, you need me to give you the nutrients you need for growing, and this is your way of letting me know. Baby, I am so proud of you for communicating your needs. That is so important.

Sesame Seed, I don't think you like garlic very much. But crackers, wow, I've never eaten so many crackers before in my life!

I already love you, little one,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment