Monday, September 23, 2013

We Got 2 Stripes

Dear Sesame Seed,

It's been only ten days since we saw two stripes on the pregnancy test. Two stripes!! Already, they have changed our entire lives.

Baby, I cannot stop thinking about you! Is it possible that I am in love with you, the sesame-seed-sized life forming in my belly? I am still so tiny, smaller even than most of the women I see. I look around and think, you don't know this, but there are two of us in this sweatshirt.

Sesame seed, I want to tell you so many things. I walk down the sidewalk and I am so excited for the day when you can see the things that I see. Bright red, orange and neon green leaves. Black and green crickets that jump oh-so-high. The flowers that are still bright even as the air becomes more chilly, letting us know with their pinks and purples that summer is not just a memory. The purslane and dandelion leaves that have fought their way through the concrete. Baby, can you believe how beautiful it all is?

Sesame seed, I can't wait to hold you in my arms. For now, I rub my belly all the time, hoping you can feel my love. Your daddy rubs my belly a lot too, sending you his love. I picked a good daddy for you, little one, I know you are going to love him. He already loves you so much. He reminds me every night to take my vitamins, so you can have what you need to grow the brain and heart you are working on right now. Baby, he really is the sweetest man I've ever known.

I already love you, little one,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment