Saturday, September 28, 2013

Autumn Musings

Dear Sesame Seed,

Good Morning! It is a beautiful morning, foggy, crisp and colorful. It's Autumn, Baby, and I am loving it. I'm not even too worried about winter this year, I know we will keep each other warm.

Here's the best update I have on you (funny, you already know all this, and I am just guessing): you are about the size of a lentil. You are beginning to form eyes, if I could see you I'd be able to see where they were going to be. You nose and ears are also beginning to form. You have the tiny beginnings of arms and legs, that the people who decide these things call "buds" like little flowers starting to grow! Your heart is not fully formed yet, but it's already beating. Wow, Baby, you have been busy!

Your Mama and Daddy have been busy too. Among all the rest of the things we do, we have been talking endlessly about where we should live. Mostly, we just talk in circles. It is so important to us to bring you into the world in the right environment. There is only so much we can control, but we are trying to do a good job with that part. The things we think about are raising you near family, but also having easy access to beautiful spaces. Being somewhere with good schools in case we decide to send you to school one day (don't worry, there's a long time before that would happen). We would love to be near friends, or other people in our stage of life, so that you can find friends nearby one day. There's more, but it's all grown-up stuff, and confusing.

Sesame Seed, either way, wherever we choose to settle down with you, you will be coming into our arms. We can't wait to show you how beautiful this world is, and how much there is to see and love here. For now, I will keep you warm and safe inside me.

I already love you, little one,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment