Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Little Acrobat

Dear Sesame Seed,

Wow, have you been active! You put your Mama to shame with how much activity you manage in that little gym you set up in my belly. I am so glad of it, too. I love feeling you kick and tumble, reminding me you are there. You have some kind of rhythm, most days you wake up soon after Daddy and I do, around 7:30 and start kicking up a storm. These are usually your strongest kicks of the day, which is great because then the three of us can lie in bed a little extra and Daddy can feel you too. Sometimes, we can even see you moving around in there - it's weird! The rest of the day, I can feel you periodically. I'll be in the middle of a conversation and then, there you are, kicking and tumbling. Actually, you are moving around right now. As I type this I can feel your little body against my left side. It is so deliciously you.

The other day, I was in a waiting room, late for an appointment and running low on patience. Then, as I sat there being grumpy, you started to kick. Baby, it was impossible to stay grumpy after that! Feeling you inside me makes everything worth it. I had a really great appointment after that, and my day was so much better because I knew you were there with me.

I already love you, little one,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment