Friday, January 24, 2014

Patience

Dear Sesame Seed,

Oh, I can't wait to hold you and play with you! You have been so cute recently. I think you respond to touch on my belly, when I hold my hand there for long enough you start to kick. And you always make me laugh. I invented a new word - kickleing - for when you tickle me with your kicks. When we are sitting on the couch, cuddling or just hanging out, sometimes Daddy will turn to me and say that he can't wait till all three of us can cuddle on the couch. He'll pick up his arms to his chest, as if he is holding you there, and smile at the thought. We are just so excited for you to join our family.

Your new cousin was born two days ago. We will probably go meet her next week. I hope you two become fast friends. In a couple weeks our dear friends from Canada are going to spend a few days here. We are going to be hanging out with Baby A all day while her Mama attends a conference. I am so excited for the two of you to play together! Her Mama and I have been talking about raising our kids together for as long as we've known each other and, although we are many miles apart, I still hope we can do that.

Oh Baby, there is so much I want to show you and share with you! I know you have more growing to do, and I want you to take your time, but when you are ready we will have so many wonderful adventures! I can't wait to show you the beach and the forest, take you for hikes and teach you to garden. I can't wait to introduce you to the people we love and to read you our favorite books. I can't wait to sing to you and listen to music together, I can't wait to show you the joys of playing in the mud.

Many people have asked me recently what I want to be doing with my life, what I want to accomplish, what my ambitions are. Sesame Seed, I want nothing more than to be your Mama. I want to love you and care for you, teach you and learn from you. I want to be there for you every time you need me. I want to be there to see every new discovery you make. When you are old enough, and you are wanting freedom and independence, I am sure I will find other adventures for myself so that I can give you space, but until then, my Baby Love, I just want to be your Mama. That is the greatest honor I could ever wish for.

I already love you, little one,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment