Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Dear Sesame Seed,

Since the last time I wrote to you, I spoke to a wise woman who helped me remember about a lot of the things that I love. We wrote a list together, and it was quite fun. I wanted to share some of it with you, and maybe add a few things. Baby, here are a few of my favorite things:

Flowers - I love to walk through a meadow and notice how many colors and shapes of flowers there are. There was this day this summer when Daddy and I went on a mission to collect an abundance of flowers. We drove through town stopping at the side of the road whenever we saw wild flowers growing and collected a few of each kind. When we got home, I took out all the vases in the house and made a bouquet for each room in our house. Also, flowers smell great.

Wild Raspberries - There is something so absolutely precious about coming upon a patch of wild raspberries while hiking through the woods. I can't wait to share the sweet sensation of biting into a sun-ripened raspberry with you. 

Music - Baby, this is something so vastly beautiful I don't think I can describe it in words. Music is just a true gift of the universe. The thing about music is it comes in every flavor. There are sad songs and happy songs, angry songs and sleepy songs, songs with words and songs without. You, my Baby, will find music that you love and connect to, I am sure of it. My absolute favorite music comes from the mouths and hands of friends, especially around a campfire.

Gratitude - This is one of the most valuable things I have ever discovered. Gratitude, I believe, is the key to feeling joyful and content. It is the ability to know all that we have and be present with the gift of all of it. Right now, on this cold day, I am grateful for warm knit hats, warm water that comes straight from my faucet and cozy blankets.

Sesame Seed, I am going to try to continue to tell you about all the beautiful things that are in this world you are going to be welcomed into. And I am going to try to remember them too, for myself.

I already love you, little one,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment