Monday, October 28, 2013

Let Your Heart Beat

Dear Sesame Seed,

I am awestruck by what we experienced today. Today your Daddy and I heard your heart beating for the very first time. It was so incredibly beautiful, joyful and just...alive. You, my dear Baby, are there, inside of me. I laughed and giggled and cried at the sound of you.

My dear Baby, how can I say all that I am feeling right now? The last week has been a rollercoaster of emotion for me. I have been sad and scared and I've worried and doubted. Baby, I want to be the best Mama I can for you, but I know how big this world is and how little I can control. Today, though, I heard your heart. Your healthy, beating heart. And that was my answer. Love, is the answer.

Sesame Seed, I am going to try to remember this: all we need is love. When I am scared, when I am doubting. When I am worried that I will not be enough for you, I will try my hardest to remember. All we need, all you need, is love. And I have that, and you have that. We have love. All the rest of it, we will figure out. Your Daddy and I, we have hit many a rock and a hard place and love has always gotten us through. And the same will be for you.

We love you, dear Baby. We will always love you. And that strong, beating heart you have, together with the hearts of your loving Mama and Daddy, will get you through anything.

I already love you, little one,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment