Sunday, October 6, 2013

Grateful

Dear Sesame Seed,

Last night, we went out for dinner at a fabulous Greek restaurant. When we sat down we were quite close to all the tables around us. Across from me, there were a bunch of adults and one little boy. He may have been about two years old. He had soft blond curls and was sitting on a woman's lap. He was instantly loveable. I looked at him and I remembered all the times in the last few years that I have seen little ones and felt an ache, deep in my belly. Often, I would cry. Always, there was a deep, empty ache. And now, I know, it was an ache for you. You, my baby, are filling that space so perfectly. You are filling your Mama with gratefulness as you grow inside me.

I already love you, little one,

Your Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment